LINE INSULATION MONITOR
The IR Problem
Insulation resistance monitoring is an industry accepted and recognised method of measuring the effects of water ingress into and around the umbilical electrical conductors. Electrical integrity monitoring is usually included on the topside facility at the input to the umbilical electrical conductors.
The V-LIM can be readily integrated into topsides equipment either as part of a new development or retrofitted to existing installations. The V-LIM accurately monitors the insulation resistance, polarisation index, voltage, current and the loop resistance of the umbilical and subsea equipment with high accuracies. Insulation resistance is measured down to less than 1KOhm and up to 10GOhm. The data gathered by the V-LIM can be used to analyse the rate of deterioration of the electrical insulation resistance in the system and further to estimate when the electrical insulation resistance is likely to result in system failure (electrical analysis required to determine system limits). The V-LIM data can also be interpreted to indicate if the failure has occured in the bulk insulation of the umbilical conductors.
- Protect subsea equipment from damage due to over-current.
- Increase uptime by coordinating equipment replacement with planned shutdowns.
- Optimise capital purchases based on predicted life of existing equipment.
- Avoid unplanned interventions by monitoring and trending electrical system integrity.
- Determine fault locations when combined with the use of the V-SLIM and V-NET systems.
- Compatible with V-LIFE technology.
- Provides accurate insulation resistance measurements down to <1KOhm.
- Provides line current, voltage, phase and power measurements.
- Can be used on both AC and DC floating earth power systems up to 1000V.
- Implements the V-NET system to link up with V-SLIM's for complete line monitoring and fault locating.
- Control and configuration through a graphical touch screen LCD.
- USB and Ethernet interfaces for configuration, graphs and data download.
- Compatible with powerline signalling system.
- Can measure resistance, capacitance and polarisation index of the umbilical cable.
- Determines the ration of IR between L1 and L2 wires.
- The V-LIFE cable lifetime extender system can be incorporated.
- A remote system monitoring and data analysis package is available.
- Two configurable relay outputs for alarms.
- Two configurable digital switch inputs (24VDC)
- 4-20mA current loop output
- Megger testing compatible
- Optional 24V DC power supply
Insulation resistance monitoring is an industry accepted and recognised method of measuring the effects of water ingress into and around the umbilical electrical conductors. Electrical integrity monitoring is usually included on the topside facility at the input to the umbilical electrical conductors but these units are typically capable of accurately measuring high insulation resistance values only. Once insulation resistance has dropped below the measuring range the operator has effectively lost any useful electrical conditioning monitoring.Enquire about this product...